Job Summary: Under the supervision of the owner(s), this position is primarily responsible for financial analysis on sales trends, sales forecasts and cost behavior as well as the monthly processing of accounts receivable (billing), accounts payable, general accounting support and payroll. Identify opportunities for cost avoidance, cost savings, increased client satisfaction, work simplification and efficiency improvement. Assure that exposure and risks of projects are minimized.
Environment: Evy’s Tree is a fast growing fashion retail company that designs, markets and sells high end hoodies and other apparel items located in Santa Rosa, CA. Evy’s Tree work culture is best known for flexible schedules, creative and enjoyable work setting, competitive pay, and clothing discounts. Evy’s Tree is seeking local candidates that are comfortable with working in a fast paced environment that requires experience to assess existing policies, processes and practices. The ability to analyze financial sales trends as well as deploy and develop solid standards and best practices that support a paperless, highly technology and app driven culture and model is a must. This is an ever-changing environment that requires ability to be flexible with the ability to implement structure, set clear expectations and follow up to ensure policies and practices are being followed. Experience with setting metrics and standards to measure productivity, time management and allocation of resources also needed.
Adjectives of Ideal Candidate: Kind, Charismatic/Fun/Energetic, Flexible and Fair, Determined, Hard-working, Can do attitude, Direct/Decisive, Respectful, Smart, Professional, Action-Oriented, Eye for Detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis on sales for use in forecasting and pricing
- Create bespoke analysis as needed to support new products
- Analyze cost behavior and identify areas for improvement
- Process Accounts Receivable including collections
- Process Accounts Payable
- Oversight of contracts and billing
- Make adjusting entries to general journal
- Quarterly & annual returns
- Produce and analyze financial statements
- Produces financial reports as needed
- Monitor cash flow
- Budget - assist with annual budgeting and monitor monthly variances
- Oversee financial statement audit and filing requirements
- Maintains financial controls and policies; ensures compliance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Payroll and Timekeeping
- Process Payroll in QuickBooks Premier, pulling data from WhenIWork. Follow up with employees who have missing data.
- Process and manage new hires and all associated set ups in payroll system
- Research and resolve payroll issues; Resolves issues and questions relating to timecards, calculation of paid hours, PTO accruals, deductions, etc., escalating where appropriate
- Communicate with employees who have questions regarding their hours and/or pay
- Gain understanding of timekeeping software and be a resource to staff and managers
- Support the bi-weekly processing of payroll and tracking of accrual balances, including dealing with data from WhenIWork
- Coordinate direct deposits and payroll distribution process. Ensure all paychecks are sorted, tracked and delivered timely. Ensure all signature sheets and undistributed pay checks are returned timely.
- Completion of general forms for payroll such as Wage Garnishment responses or Employment verifications.
- Run general ad hoc reporting from payroll and time and attendance system as requested
- Payroll journal entries, GL report and reclassification entries.
- Pay all payroll taxes and file all monthly and quarterly payroll reports; Pay Sales Tax quarterly using data from QuickBooks Premier.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Accounts Receivable
- Generates invoices and demand statement according to contract specifications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible to gather and verify required documents/information from various departments used as a source for billing
- Collections: Follows up and resolves billing/contract/payment discrepancies or disputes with clients/agencies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Accounts Payable
- Review, obtain approvals, assemble back up and code vendor invoices
- Enter into accounting system
- Reconcile vendor accounts and respond to vendor inquiries
- Print checks and prepare for signature
- Maintain vendor records and files
- Assist with year-end 1099 processing
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Accounting Support
- Assist as needed with month end, reconciliations, etc.
- Prepares employee expense reimbursement report for payroll
- Assist as needed with systems implementations and upgrades
- Maintain Fixed Asset records and ensure binder is current
- Data entry of all sales/costs/COGS entries into QuickBooks Premier
- Pulling data from various websites such as PayPal, Shopify and StitchLabs
Owning all accounts payable, including payment and cash management; Process Accounts Payable and mail checks timely. Renew licenses and permits as needed.
- Enter daily sales into QuickBooks Premier, pulling data from various websites such as PayPal, Shopify and StitchLabs.
- Enter all transactions and reconcile all bank accounts.
- Enter credit card charges from emailed statements.
- Process End of Month (EOM), making adjusting Journal Entries for COGS and Inventory in transit.
- Financial Analysis. Perform analysis on sales trends, sales forecasts and cost behavior. Ultimately, the analysis you will be performing will influence both sales and operating strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Administrative
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and other governing agency regulations and standards as appropriate at all times.
- Ensure that all work is accurately recorded and rendered in accounting system on a daily basis and that your work schedule is evaluated and locked timely according to policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit all administrative paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion.
If this sounds like your dream job, we’d love to hear from you! Please follow these steps:
1. Include your resume and cover letter telling why you are interested in Evy's Tree, and your salary requirements or current wage.